Hi Everyone. Just a quick update to share with you on the next release of Chatter for SharePoint. Version 2.1 is going through testing at the moment and will be released before the end of May. The full change list is below but I wanted to highlight a few significant changes:
Acceptable Use Policy
Another highly requested feature was the ability for the EasySetup and PrepareSharePoint utilities to update the web configuration on remote servers. This can now be accomplished – provided each server has the IIS Remote Administration feature enabled. Run ‘ASPNET_REGIIS -CONFIG+’ on each server in the farm prior to running EasySetup/PrepareSharePoint and it will be able to update all of the web.config files for you.
- Adds support for Acceptable Use Policy acknowledgement during authorization
- Adds support for opening object types: Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Opportunities
- Adds support for jpeg/png/bmp image previews
- Improvements to API-enabled user account error handling
- Updates to EasySetup and PrepareSharePoint now allow remote editing of web.config files on multi-server farms
- Fixes an issue in Read Only Mode where the ‘Like’ names were clickable
Look for version 2.1 to be released shortly on the site. Thanks again to my customers who suggested some of these improvements and I hope you continue to find this solution useful.