Hi everyone. The new version of Chatter for SharePoint is now available on the blog. You can download the files for your version of SharePoint from this link.
New and updated features in this version include:
- Added ability to delete posts and comments from the feed web part
- Added poll support
- Added new feed navigation
- Added new feed filters
- Added file attachment doctype icons
- Added ‘Share from Anywhere’ control
- Fixed issue where under certain conditions the web part would cause a loop while trying to write the license key to the web.config file
- Fixed issue where under certain conditions users would see an Access Denied message when the solution opened a modal window
- Many internal code improvements; new css; new and updated images
Please download the latest version of the documentation for descriptions on the new features.
11/13/14 Update: Just a reminder that this is an older post and the screenshots are of the 1.x version of the product. The new 2.0 release is now available.
Hello all from sunny (yet chilly) Las Vegas! In town for the SharePoint 2012 Conference and looking forward to a great week of sessions and networking opportunities. Since the topic of this year’s conference is the new SharePoint 2013 I wanted to share with you the progress I’m making with the 2013 version of the Chatter for SharePoint solution. I was hoping to release this before the conference but I have some technical questions around the changes made to federated search that I hope to get answered this week.
So – here are some screenshots of the 2013 version in action:
Above: The Chatter for SharePoint 2013 web part on a Team Site. The web part honors the ‘Metro’ style of SharePoint 2013.
Above: The Chatter Ribbon Integration
Above: The ‘Share on SharePoint’ option now integrates with the social features of SharePoint 2013!
Above: Federated Results (Now called Result Sources in 2013)
As you can see I’m pretty close – just a few things to clean up and then I need to update the documentation. In addition to the 2013 support, the 2010 version will be getting some cosmetic improvements and fixes that I developed while working on the new version.
If you are at the conference this week – look me up by sending me a tweet to @MarcRDavis. Love to talk all-things-SharePoint. Keep checking back for more updates on Chatter for SharePoint 2013!