Hi Everyone! I am pleased to announce the availability of Chatter for SharePoint 2010/2013 version 2.2. As I mentioned in a previous post there are significant updates and changes to the middle-tier library which were necessary to correct some performance and session boundary issues within the IIS worker process. This issue affected all prior 2.x family releases. I strongly encourage all customers to download, test and deploy the new version as soon as possible.
Full Change Log
- Fixes an issue with the Chatter DLL class declarations
- Fixes an issue with the caching the API-Enabled user account access token
- Fixes an issue with logging and multiple sessions
- Fixes an issue where the feed refreshes to the default group ID on postbacks (if one is set)
- Fixes an issue where user names in the Like and Comments sections were not selectable
- Fixes an issue with custom salesforce URIs and the password grant type
- Fixes an issue where under certain conditions the function for returning the AccountName throws a null-reference exception
- Moved all methods and properties into one class library
- Updated the licensing system to use actual Chatter-enabled users for the license count, rather than the count of the UserInfo list or the number of User Profiles
- Licensing system now prevents adding users beyond the licensed limit, rather than blocking functionality
- Removed LicenseCalculator tool
The other significant change is around the user-count calculation. The application now looks at authenticated profiles rather that the total user count of a site or farm. Once the user count exceeds the license count – no new users can be authorized on the platform until additional licenses are added.
The updated solution ZIP file(s) and documentation can be found here.
Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Chatter for SharePoint!